It is fair to say that this years “Tour” has been an amazing success!
The formula has done “itself proud” during the course of this weekend at Cowdenbeath and Barford. Although the car count was down at Barford thro’ “causalities” from the night before, a fantastic & entertaining afternoon was definitely had at the North East tarmac venue.
There has been such positive feedback from both meetings with a lot of real interest and intrigue, it is a real credit to all involved in making it such an enjoyable weekend. So with that said, a few thank yous are in order…………………..
- Firstly, to all the promotional teams at Cowdenbeath & Barford for the opportunity.
- To thank, you, the drivers, mechanics, friends & family who have all travelled “reasonable” distances to make such a superb weekend.
- To Mick Whitney who did a fantastic job in organizing all the trophies. The new Gold Cup is awesome!
- To Phil Hiles, who working with his friends at Cowdy’ helped organise the 2017 Gold Cup.
- The two scrutineers, Mick & Brian.
- With a special thank you to Ja’ & Julie Lamburn who cooked up a massive pot of Chilli con carne after Cowdy’ that fed 15 of us at “that” layby near Biggar ……………Proper……. More of the same next year..?????